Sitemap for the STRONG Family Web Site
On this page are listed all the individual pages of this admittedly sprawling web site. All pages from each branch of the family: STRONG, FOSTER, LANE, WEDEMEYER, PATFIELD can be found in this sitemap, as well as links to the extensive Photo Galleries.
Contents of this Website are subject to Copyright © by Philip Strong, & allow fair academic use. See here.
The Photo Galleries
- STRONG Photogalleries:
David STRONG David STRONG, husband of Minnie WEDEMEYER.
- Robert GD STRONG Rev. Robert George David STRONG, husband of Alma PATFIELD.
- STRONGs (miscellaneous) Includes Robert STRONG in Belfast.
- STRONGs who stayed in NZ the sections of our family which emigrated from Belfast
in 1872 & 1874 to New Zealand and remained there.
- LANE Family: This gallery shows the LANE family house ruins in Co. Tyrone, Ireland and the homes and graves of the LANEs in Jarrow, Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
- LANE Family Postscript Photo Gallery describing modern day events relating to the LANE family. A set of photos of street art which commemorated the Zeppelin attack which killed Joseph LANE. Another set of photos of the Park Methodist Church opposite the LANE home, destroyed by fire.
- Lissan Excursions Photo gallery showing the countryside around LANE family homes and remains of these homes in Co. Tyrone, Ireland.
- Lissan Parish Church Photo gallery for the LANE Family church of the Lissan Parish in Churchtown, Co. Londonderry, Ireland.
- Annie FOSTER Family of Annie FOSTER, wife of Sydney Pope STEVENS.
- FOSTER Family Family of George James FOSTER, husband of Lucy HAMMOND.
- Elizabeth WEDEMEYER Johanna Elizabeth (Elizabeth) WEDEMEYER, wife of Jack DAVIS.
- Maggie WEDEMEYER Margaret Henrietta (Maggie) WEDEMEYER, wife of W. SHRIMPLIN & P. GATES.
- Minnie WEDEMEYER Lucy Wilhelmina (Minnie) WEDEMEYER, wife of David STRONG.
- WEDEMEYER Homeland in Germany The towns of Moringen, Goslar and Fredelsloh.
- Alma PATFIELD Alma Maud PATFIELD, wife of Robert George David STRONG. It illustrates Alma's early German heritage, her grandparents, parents & siblings, and her own life.
Grandma’s Families Photogallery:
- Grandma’s Families Photo gallery for Grandma Annie EWART (née COLQUHOUN) (G—ma) and her ancestral families… COLQUHOUN, HUTCHISON and EWART.
The STRONGs of Ulster, Ireland
- Chapter 1 Robert STRONG (Snr): Early Records
- Chapter 2 Robert STRONG (Jnr)
- Chapter 3 Overview of Robert STRONG's Children
- Chapter 4 Agnes STRONG
- Chapter 5 Robert James, Joseph & David STRONG
- Chapter 6 Mary (Minnie) STRONG
- Chapter 7 William Aberdare STRONG
- Chapter 8 Robert William STRONG
- Chapter 9 David Wallace STRONG
- Chapter 10 Joseph Lane (Joe) STRONG.
- Chapter 11 Robert George David STRONG part 1
- Chapter 12 Robert George David STRONG part 2
- Chapter 13 John Taylor STRONG.
- Section 1 (i) Descendant Report— BDM records + photos; (ii) Internet sites; (iii) DNA; (iv) Problem photo.
- Section 2 Records of STRONGs in Belfast
- Section 3: The search for Hamilton STRONG in USA
- Section 4: Further biographical details: (i) Obituary of John Burgess MACKAY.
- Section 5: Records of STRONGs & SLOAN(E)s of Holywood.
- Section 6: CALLAGHANs lived next door to David STRONG.
- Diagram of the 1861 Knocknagoney Griffith's map | Shipping and the STRONG family: emigrant ships ‘Cospatrick’ & the ‘Baron Aberdare’ | Large coloured photo of Robert STRONG (Jnr) b. 1830.
- Family Bible: Images and information.
FOSTER of Launceston, Australia
- Chapter 1 Early Records & Origins of the FOSTER Family
- Chapter 2 George FOSTER's wife: the Hammond family. George’s early career as a pilot at Low Head.
- Chapter 3 George FOSTER's further career as River Pilot: ~1853—1861 and then Low Head Senior Pilot: 1861 to 1879.
- Chapter 4 George FOSTER's retirement. George’s home and grave in present day Launceston.
- Chapter 5 An overview of George FOSTER's children.
- Chapter 6 Annie STEVENS (née FOSTER).
- Chapter 7 Jane FRANCIS (née FOSTER).
- Chapter 8 Thomas FOSTER.
- Chapter 9 Associated family: McNEIL.
- Chapter 10 Associated family: McLEAN… John & Roderick.
- Chapter 11 Associated family: John McLEAN’s children.
- Chapter 12 Associated family: Roderick McLEAN & his children.
- Chapter 13 George FOSTER (Jnr) of Taree: his children… Thelma, Thomas & Eric.
- Appendix 1: Meetings of the Launceston Marine Board,1879.
- Appendix 2: George FOSTER’s Testimonial at his Retirement.
- Appendix 3: Poem: Sorrow on the Sea.
- Appendix 4: George FOSTER’s Property
- Appendix 5: Descendancy Reports: Jane, Thomas, Catherine & Annie FOSTER; Roderick McLEAN.
- Appendix 6: Descendancy Reports: McLEANs & associated Mull Families.
- Appendix 7: Sydney STEVENS & the annual smoke concert.
- Appendix 8: Relating to Chapter 13: Australian POWs and Hilton Stanton material.
- Photo of the paddle-wheel–driven tug ‘PS Tamar’.
- Composite map of Richmond River parish maps.
The LANE/LAIN(E)s of Ulster, Ireland
- Chapter 1 Early Records of the LANE Family
- Chapter 2 Farms of the LANE family.
- Chapter 3 Further Details of the Three Farms
- Chapter 4 Children (i): Search for children & relatives.
- Chapter 5 Children (ii): Jane STRONG (née LANE) [b. 1839]
- Chapter 6 Children (iii): Sarah Anne DAVISON (née LANE) [b. 1842]
- Chapter 7 Children (iv): Joseph LANE [b. 1848]
- Chapter 8
Children (v): Death of Joseph LANE & the Zeppelin Raid [15 Jun 1915 Jarrow]
- Appendix 1: The Will of James LANE
- Appendix 2: Useful Irish links
- Appendix 3: LANE Descendancy Report
- Appendix 4: Transcription of portion of “Palmers” by Malcolm Dillon (1909)
- Appendix 5: Zeppelin fatalities data (1915)
- Appendix 6: All Sources Cited
- Appendix 7: Present-day revisiting the Zeppelin Raid
- Appendix 8: Robert Strong LANE
- Grave of Joseph LANE, Jane LANE & family at Jarrow cemetery | Large coloured photo of Jane STRONG (née LANE) b. 1839. | Seven wide views of Palmers Works & also Zeppelin bombing locations… see: Palmers Works. | Philip Strong (Janis Blower byline). Night of the Zeppelin. South Shields Gazette; 16 March 2011. |
The WEDEMEYERs of Eastern Australia
- Chapter 1 Georg Heinrich Friedrich Louis WEDEMEYER's origins in Goslar & Moringen, and his Descendancy Report.
- Kapitel 1 Übersetzung.
- Chapter 2 Emigration from Germany.
- Chapter 3 Life in Gayndah.
- Chapter 4 Life in Drummers Creek & Yarrol Reef.
- Chapter 5 Properties at Walla.
- Chapter 6 Elizabeth DAVIS: GHL's Wife.
- Chapter 7 Overview of GHL’s children with descendant report.
- Chapter 8 Harry WEDEMEYER & Louis WEDEMEYER.
- Chapter 9 Minnie WEDEMEYER & Elizabeth WEDEMEYER.
- Chapter 10 John & Maggie WEDEMEYER.
- Section 1 WEDEMEYER early origins: Moringen; Fredelsloh; Duchy of Braunschweig (Brunswick) Germany. General Albert Coady WEDEMEYER and possible Fredelsloh / Lauenberg relatives(?).
- Section 2 WEDEMEYER: court cases and Council rates.
- Section 3 WEDEMEYER: 1885 Hotel fire. Harry WEDEMEYER’s selection and obituaries.
- Section 4 DAVIS: obituary of Elizabeth PAAP (late WEDEMEYER, née DAVIS). Details of Elizabeth’s brother, William DAVIS of Gayndah, Qld.
- Section 5 WEDEMEYER: name variants and DNA, pronunciation, origin. Full descendancy report of German born WEDEMEYERs.
- Section 6 Maggie GATES (née WEDEMEYER)… her nephew Hedley GATES.
- Related files: Bootmaking— front page advertising | Killare & Kilcleagh Parishes Elizabeth’s Irish origin | Letter written by GHL WEDEMEYER | Map of Walla- three WEDEMEYER properties.
- Chapter 1 Brief introduction to early generations of the PATFIELDs, details the life of my great grandfather Samuel PATFIELD and lists his children.
- Chapter 2 Describes my grandfather, Ernest Montague (Monty) PATFIELD, and lists his children.
- Chapter 3 Describes my mother Alma Maud STRONG.
- Chapter 4 Traces Alma Maud STRONG’s maternal ancestry.
- Chapter 5 Dora ROSE (b. 1859) & her first & second families.
- Chapter 6 Discusses the results of a mtDNA (mitochondrial DNA) test relevant to Alma’s maternal ancestry.
- Chapter 7 Alma’s siblings part 1.
- Appendix (a) Transcriptions of ROSE births. (b) Benjamin Newbury— need for a doctor in the area.(c) Court case: Annie ROSE. (d) History of the PRESLAND home.
- Appendix 2 What happened to the two emigrant MARQUARD brothers? (Adam)
- Appendix 3 What happened to the two emigrant MARQUARD brothers? (Christopher)
- Appendix 4 The PRESLANDs… family of Minnie PRESLAND née ROSE.
- Appendix 5 Alma's autograph book provided a snap shot of her friends and relatives in Paterson from 1919 to 1921.
- Tackbear Sketch map derived from the 1925 subdivision deposited plan.