The purpose of this site is to promote discussion of the STRONG family from Drumbo, Holywood, Knocknagoney and Belfast …. as well as the families associated with the STRONG family: the LANE, WEDEMEYER and the FOSTER families. It is hoped to ultimately publish in much fuller detail in a print format.
Contents of this Website are subject to Copyright © by Philip Strong, & allow fair academic use.
Do you have information, opinion or a question relating to either this site’s contents or its copyright? Please use the e-mail link available at the bottom of each page. I look forward to corresponding with you.
To navigate the site please use the navigation panel above or select from the options below.
- The STRONG Family Follow the STRONGs on their journey from Drumbo to Holywood and Knocknagoney in Co. Down, then to Belfast Northern Ireland, then as emigrants to New Zealand and NSW Australia.
- The LANE Family (LANE/ LAIN/ LAINE). The LANEs travel from their stone cottage in the remote and beautiful area of Unagh in the Parish of Lissan, north of Cookstown, Co. Tyrone, to Belfast (Ireland), then to Newcastle (England) and Auckland (New Zealand).
- The WEDEMEYER Family Georg Heinrich Friedrich Louis WEDEMEYER (GHL) emigrates from the historic town of Goslar (Germany), to Australia and Gayndah, Mt Perry, Drummers Creek, Queensland. There are interesting and detailed stories about both GHL and his children: Harry, Louis, Minnie, Elizabeth, John and Maggie.
- The FOSTER Family The focus is on George FOSTER, b. 1805 Stepney, London, longest serving marine pilot of Low Head, Tamar River and Launceston, Tasmania Australia. George has proved a significant historical figure. Much interesting information of both family and general interest has been gathered about George and his children. Interesting photos are a special feature. We are searching for a story on George’s origins in Bow and Stepney in London, UK, also Southwark of Surrey, UK. Similarly, we hope for a story on the origins of George’s wife Lucy HAMMOND from Farnham, Surrey, UK.
- The Photo Galleries Eleven collections of photographs have been put together here that are solidly linked to the stories outlined on these pages. They can also be browsed as a self-contained web site of their own. There are over 200 photographs in a fascinating collection.
Please take some time to browse this site which currently holds 249 separate pages and notably 155 photographs in the Photo Galleries.